Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Reflections

Sometimes I think I'm just a little *too* scathing on this blog. Don't get me wrong, I like my life in Korea; I'm over the mid-contract I-hate-Korea phase that so many foreigners seem to go through, and heaven forbid I should ever say it, I even quite like my job. Eight months down the line and the kids are really coming on well, communicating in English a lot better, and I'll defo miss (some of) them when we all head off on different paths (elementary school, university, whatever).

I guess I only write about school when I have something to rant about, which isn't always an accurate representation of how I feel about it. I am highly cynical about Korea's love affair with learning English, and I suppose that comes out more than I necessarily mean for it to, but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't like being a part of it.

This is all I wanted to say -- for the record.

No comments: