Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Festival

Well it was a busy October making an unnecessarily large amount of Halloween decorations to hang up in my classroom in preparation for the kindergarten festival. With over-zealous English enthusiasm this year, comes an English Saturday for the kids to show off their abilities to memorise dialogues. That's where I took Simon last Saturday, then, for a genuine Korean school experience.

Unfortunately I was not involved in the face painting/bobbing for apples/pin the tail on the black cat. Instead, I had to read a story about a frog. Yep, a frog. A frog who eats a fly for lunch. We made frog/fly crafts. Then we roleplayed the story. The highlight was in the party blower, and ensured that the classroom wasn't filled with an embarassing silence. Simon got stuck "selling" juice in the sandwich making room. Don't think his day was any more thrilling.

Still, I heard that the face painting/bobbing for apples/pin the tail on the black cat was fun, and apparently the kids actually enjoyed my frog craft. So woo for the day. What's more, is that Simon "volunteering to come in and help" resulted in a nice unexpected pay packet. That funded our day-of-doing-absolutely-nothing-on-Sunday. We possibly overate on the icecream and fried chicken.

I tell you what though, I was disappointed not to have my camera on Monday morning when the pumpkins were moulded through and dripping pumpkin juice on my piano. I'm glad they've been disposed of now, and I can stop my classroom looking quite so black and orange. Today Simon is just hanging out in my apartment today waiting for an appropriate time to go to the airport...

No comments: