Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sweeney Todd

Been making my way through the 'romance' films on MegaTV. In the last few days have seen Because I Said So, The Notebook, Laws of Attraction and If Only. A splendid use of my time, I'm sure. Contemplating love, life, and all that.

But this evening we headed to the Nowon Lotte Cinema for the big screen version of Sweeney Todd. Despite the rather twisted storyline, this has got to be Tim Burton at his most wacky and Johnny Depp at his most brilliant - equal to many of his other works. So refreshing to get a talented young actor in, too; Ed Sanders is brilliantly cast, though great things come expectedly from Bonham Carter, Rickman and the rest.

Perfectly dark, creepy and disturbing - picturing London at its most atmospheric - I revelled in this new masterpiece.

No comments: