Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snacks

떡볶이, or dukboki, is a common snack often found sold in street stalls. Its main ingredient is duk - chewy rice cake - which is cooked in a spicy hot sauce. Other things might be added - here the dukboki was mixed with some Korean fish cake. It's really popular, and pleasant enough, though I'm not sure I'm an avid fan.


This is 순대, or soondae. It consists of a mixture of noodles and unidentified meat, rolled into sausage skins. It looks and sounds hideous, but surprisingly tasty - rather like a good sausage.


Fro-yo has taken off big style in Korea. Advertised as being real, non-fat natural yoghurt, it's delicious AND healthy. Red Mango is a big fro-yo chain that has made its way to the US, but dozens of other frozen yoghurt cafes have sprung up and litter the streets rivalling the supermarkets and noraebangs. OK, that's a *little* over the top. But there's plenty to be found.

2 comments:

sjgknight said...

Thank you :) :p

CH said...

Meh, not quite the full blown food diary I'd planned :) but people look at me funny when I take pictures of my meals :D:D