Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The APPT Seoul

This isn't actually a post about poker. But good friend Ed happened to qualify for the tournament so shipped himself over for the weekend. Luckily for me he went out in the first day, but that meant we had all weekend to spend together; clearly that's why he qualified in the first place, right? ;)

Actually, mutual university friend Sun-Ho is also in Korea taking up holiday visiting family. Being a poker fan he spent much of Thursday evening swooning over professional poker players (while I'm sitting there at the open bar going, "Greg who now?"), but also being a fan of the salsa dance, I took the boys out to Caliente on Friday night to check out Sun-Ho's new moves. Speaking of which, it's the 2008 Salsa Congress in Seoul next weekend, but no doubt there will be more on that nearer the time.

So there was Insadong and Changdeokgung and Seoul Tower and the War Museum, but more than anything else there was silliness and geekiness.

Which reminds me of the "Rolling Ball" exhibition. Some geeks got together to present their marble rollers. It was amazing. Not to mention the weekend stay in the Sheraton Walkerhill hotel. So I was late to work on Monday morning, but I did have a good breakfast...

4 comments:

sjgknight said...

about time we saw an update :p

CH said...

speak for yourself - i don't even know which part of the country you're in at the moment!

sjgknight said...

Well clearly you don't check as religiously as I do yours! I'm in Nanjing till later, then Quingdao. You can practically SEE korea from there, SURELY :p.

CH said...

I do I do - I checked this morning but there were no updates yet; you posted an hour later (and no, I don't check it HOURLY) so I wasn't to know. Admittedly I thought it a bit strange that you were commenting on my blog, and THUS had internet connection, and yet we hadn't had a post from you in at least a couple of days...