Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cherry blossoms and Yeouido Park

According to the Tour2Korea website, the Yeouido cherry blossom festival was supposed to start this week.

The weather today was pre
tty gorgeous - if a little hazy - but it hasn't been like this every day lately so I'll admit I was dubious whether the flowers would actually have blossomed just yet. It turned out some of them have done, but certainly not all, and there wasn't any sign of a festival going on. Someone told me that the festival will happen, but maybe not for another week or two. Shame these things are so weather dependent.

Still, there were tonnes of people about hiring bikes (or tandems for the couples, and there were certainly many of them about) or inline skates for their own cruise along the river. I do fear the summer somewhat - it was verging on muggy today and spring is only just beginning. Humidity is certainly not my (nor many people's) favoured weather condition. Anyway, must make the most of the blue skies and shirt-sleeve breezes while they're about...

This was the queue for bike rental:


I have no idea what these guys were up to, but they had funny wigs.

No comments: