Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sledding and Sleeping

It's not just me for whom this year is coming to an end. The kids had their graduation field trip yesterday near Children's Grand Park at a temporary sledding slope. It was really good fun, but highly tiring. Normally I can play with the best of them, but a couple of hours' exhilaration sliding down the slopes in over-inflated rubber rings really took it out of me. I was only able to scramble through the bouncy-castle obstacle course once. Many of the kids were going through for more, five or six times. Either I'm too big, or I'm too old. Or just too tired. A sad realisation!

I know I only have a few more weeks left in Korea, and I want to make the most of the time spending time with the people I love. I definitely feel in a state of limbo; the school year is coming to an end so work isn't as occupying as usual, but it's a little early to start the physical pack up unless I want to spend the next three weeks in a bare apartment, and meeting people for 'final goodbyes' seems far too sad and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that finality to really kick in! So it's quality time all around; last night the gang met up in Suwon to spend a quiet night in at Subok's place; tonight it's down to Sanbon for movies and sleeping at Robin's. I love sleeping, and it's always more fun to wake up to animated brunches and good company.

No comments: