Sunday, August 17, 2008

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

...is a grammatically correct sentence.

Yesterday, "sparked by my mathematical background and free time on [that] national holiday", I wrote a really long blog post showing how for every number of words 'buffalo' strung together, the string would make a grammatically correct sentence. With too much time to think on the subway I'm not really satisfied that what I wrote was 100% accurate, so have decided to come back to it later. This might take a long time though, since at this point in time I never want to hear the word 'buffalo' (or at least type it) again. So!


TODAY (which is now yesterday, and considering it's gone midnight, two days ago) I went to the Latin American Art exhibition in the Deoksugung museum. Pretty weird stuff. Lots of dismembered limbs, definite space theme going on in gallery 3, and gallery 4 messed with my eyes/brain. I enjoyed it.

TODAY (or Saturday, or today, or yesterday, depending on *just* how pedantic we're being) I saw The Dark Knight. Loud and long was how my friend described it, which I don't think is an unfair evaluation, but the raving reviews of Heath Ledger as the Joker were completely justified. It doesn't need to be said, but the lack of his masterful performances from future cinema screens will be missed.

No comments: