Thursday, July 17, 2008

Musical English

To celebrate the coming of the summer holidays, this afternoon the kids performed the musical that they've been rehearsing in their 'Musical English' class. It was hilarious (stroke cringeworthy in places) watching the kids simulating the theatrical style of their wacky teacher, with emphasis on the hip wiggling and dramatic arm movements. I especially enjoyed the stage snogging by Snow White and her Prince. I will hunt down a picture.

Ooh talking of pictures (not that I took any), an apartment opposite our school caught fire today. Apparently some kids sprayed mosquito spray on the gas stove and it blew up in their faces. Eek.

We also had parent-teacher conferences today. Unfortunately my worst kids' parents didn't turn up. Kind of shows which parents care about their kids' education and which are fobbing them off on the English classes just 'cause they're available. Goodness I'm a cynic.

So I guess I've got caught up in the pre-holiday spirit of things; even though my kids are off on a field trip tomorrow morning and I don't technically have to go work, I think a picnic in the mountains sounds like a mighty fine idea. Sun, kimbap, mountains...and the Korean teachers'll be there to control their kids - woo!

No comments: