Sunday, July 6, 2008

The finished hanji masterpiece.

In desperation to make a hanji lamp, Lauren scoped out this nice lady in Insadong to help her make one. Being interested in that kind of thing, I tagged along last Saturday to make the bulbs; today we papered up the wiring to make it look more lamp-like. Bleach gave the added 'aged' look.

Shame that this newly discovered lady is leaving this month to the next province; I would have liked to have made more stuff with her. We literally got in there at the last minute, and I'm glad we did. I've expressed my excitement over papier-maché before.

Despite the fluctuation between heavy rain and heavy humidity, I'd kind of forgotten it was the rainy season now. So unusually (just when you don't have an umbrella and you're squeezing two people plus a few several shopping bags under one) it poured it down, forcing us to guard our freshly made paper lamps with our lives. We didn't pay sa-man-won for these for nothing, you know.

No comments: